SSS Renewal Fail
I’m on a quest to update all my IDs before I start going to work again. Unfortunately, someone out there prevented my from updating my SSS.
I made my attempt at SSS Paranaque but the staff said that my marriage certificate is “illegible”. I don’t know why this poses a problem since it’s a government document. Hell, DFA accepted it!
I had to go back and get a “clear” copy from the municipality with a certified true copy stamp.
Heads up when going to this branch:
- Be there early (as in 6am early) so you won’t run out of slot.
- Pay attention. They have a stone age numbering system so sit near your window because they only “shout” the numbers. Sometimes they don’t shout loud enough.
To update your surname and civil status, bring a photocopy and original of your marriage certificate and filled SSS Form E4 (Member’s Data Amendment). If you think it’s illegible, get a CTC from your municipality. You also need to prepare Php300 for the card. Although you’ll pay it through bank deposit.
Trip to hospitals
I just woke up from long ‘nap’ hahaha!
Had to wake-up early for my trip to PGH for an APAS (anti-phospholipid antibodies syndrome) blood test. This test is to check if a woman’s immune system sees the fetus as a foreign body therefore preventing it from developing causing miscarriage and other pregnancy related complications.
If your OB-GYNE ordered you to do this test, the cheapest one is found in PGH at UPMC Building. As of April 2013, it cost Php6,233. Some other hospitals offer it triple the price. Oh and since this is a blood test, don’t eat anything prior the blood extraction.
After PGH, we went to Healthway in ATC for vaccine administration. It’s fortunate that we had Dra. Perez because she took the time to interview us and shared us the relationship between conceiving/pregnancy and vaccine.
There are some vaccines that have live, weakened virus and some are not. If taking live vaccines, you need to wait 3 or 6 months before you try to conceive. Double check with your OB-GYNE to be sure.
Below are the vaccines my OB-GYNE asked me to take.
- Flu – live
- TDAP – non-live
- MMR – live
- Varicella – live
My plan was to take their MMR and Varicella 2-in-1 vaccine but since it’s a live one, I only took TDAP. If you’re thinking of taking a series of vaccines, wait for one week before you take another.
My Trip to DFA
While waiting for my photo to be taken. My number was 1282 -_-
Funny things that happened during my trip to DFA
A staff hits on me
When it was my turn to have my requirements checked, the guy behind the desk, asked me something like:
“Sigurado ka na ba?” (Are you really sure?)
I candidly replied, “wala na akong magagawa eh” (I can’t do anything about it anymore) ^_^;
He kept on talking and blurted: “Sigurado ka na na eto na apelyido mo?” (Are you really sure that you’re now going to use this surname?)
And then whispered “gusto mo gamitin mo nalang apelyido ko?” (You don’t want to use my surname instead?)
I don’t know what’s with this guy but I’m just thankful that he eased my anxiety (he requires another document and I had to go back) and approved my request.
A photocopy operator thought I was a minor.
When I had to go back to photocopy the last page of my passport, I told him
“Sabi ko po sa inyo kasama pati last page eh” (I told you to include the last page).
He said, “Pag minor kasi first page lang eh” (If minor, you only need the first page)
If you’re curious, for married women, these are the requirements needed to change your surname in your passport:
- Application form
- Photocopy and original NSO issued marriage certificate
- Photocopy of page 2-3 and last 2 page (showing “In case of Emergency” page) and original passport
I also brought the following as well to be sure:
As of April 2013, costs for passport delivery are:
- Rush (6 working days) – Php1,200
- Standard (14 working days) – Php950
Guilty Pleasure :(
It’s an accepted fact that women can’t get enough shoes. Although I don’t wear 6 inch high heels, stilettos, pumps, or wedges, I am particularly fond of boots and sneakers. Do note that I don’t spend and splurge much on clothes. Shopping for me is once a year – a top, a pair of jeans maybe, sneakers if they’re all worn out (sneakers last 2-3 years for me) and that ‘s it. No kidding.
Normally I consider buying boots if they’re really cheap, my birthday or if I have bonus.
But THIS (Keira Boots by H by Hudson) pair of boots is neither of the three nor any other “excuses” I can think of. Note that it’s cheaper but not cheap. XD Mike is insisting that this be my reward for the photoshoots that we did and the works I did for the business.
I feel very guilty and at the same time excited. I just need to work harder both on my work and business so I’ll feel less guilty. Hahahaha!
Today was a busy day. Woke up 3:30am for the Salubong. Mike was part of it and we are the “official photographer” XP
After the mass, went back home to eat proper breakfast and then went straight to SMX for the Feast Alabang Easter Celebration. Bro. Bo was the only speaker.
Then the most annoying part of the day – making our way out of parking lot. Took us almost an hour just to exit. Considering that a lot of people were leaving SMX, there was only 1 gate open and all the 3 guards were clumped up on that gate, taking fees, instead of trafficking the cars at the back. >_<
We had our late lunch at G Squared in Seaside Macapagal. It’s one of those eateries that you buy your seafood at a nearby wet market, bring it there and they’ll cook it for you. You just tell them what kind of cooking you want. We had shrimps (buttered and tempura-d), tanigue, tuna belly, and mussels.
Overall, it was a good day. Happy Easter!!
Are you a future photographer?
I found a list of characteristics of a potential photographer. Below are some of them I can relate to XD
- You go through the 5000 photos from your last vacation and you appear in none of them.
- Abandoned factories, warehouses and barns fascinate you when you pass them by.
- You walk in to a new room and start checking out how tall the ceiling is and if it’s white.
- At every family event, people hand you, and only you, their cameras to take their photo.
- The worst thing you can hear from someone is “great photos, you must have an awesome camera.”
- You’re gazing at the sunset with your loved one in your arms…and think f8 at 1/125.
- You have an accident while climbing with your camera bag and you hurt yourself, but the first thing you do is check if the 5d mk3 is intact.
- You’re visiting a tourist attraction and you spot a couple taking photos with their D3200. You can’t help yourself and giving them advice on how to frame the shot.
- You visit your newlywed cousins, they show you their wedding album and inside your head, all you can hear is a little voice complaining
- bout how bad the photos are and what a better job you could have done, despite being a stock photographer.
- The best gift you could get for Christmas is a photo gear voucher.
- You find yourself saying “just one more” until it’s pitchdark outside.
- You photograph your aunts and they ask you to make them look younger in Photoshop.
- You know how “bokeh” is pronounced and what language it comes from.
- You look at yourself in the mirror and think of how quickly you could clone your blemishes and wrinkles.
- You take more photos of other people’s families than of your own.
- You see people taking photos with the popup flash an you instantly become irritated.
- Your coffee mug is the replica of a Canon L lens.
- You are out with your family for a picnic in a summer day and you just beat yourself for leaving your bulky camera at home. Just look at those clouds!!
- You know what moiré means.
- You have 2 TB storage for photos only.
I honestly don’t like summer. It’s hot and sweaty. Yeah it’s the best time to go out and hit the beach but unfortunately, I’m not a beach-y person. I’d probably just take pictures but not enjoy the beach.
Anyway, I’m stuck here at home while my in-laws and Mike are out to attend a church activity. Mike has been taking a role of an apostle hehehe… I can’t stand heat because I get dizzy thanks to my period. Good to know that my body has recovered from miscarriage. J
I feel bad for my friend though. She found out early this month that she was pregnant but then she got miscarriage just last week L I told her that my Little Mike has now a playmate. I hope that’ll make her feel better.
I’ll leave you with a photo I took 2 years go when I went to Korea.
Holy Week Wedding
I don’t know if they really liked our work that day but they invited us to have a drink with them before they leave for Singapore. We really felt appreciated. 🙂
Note on the above picture: Love the door they put up for the bride’s entrance.
Passions Open Photoshoot
Yesterday, Mike and I attended Passions, an open photoshoot, organized by our friend Jez. It was held at La Mesa Ecopark in Quezon City. I was super excited coz the last time attended one was organized by Mike 2 or 3 years ago.
It was fun but my gripe are mainly due to the fact that there were a LOT of cosplayers! >:E Our group didn’t also had the chance to shoot Kriz thoroughly. We were given time but we were stuck in the playground that doesn’t look fit for the subject and lost interest. Besides, it’s already late.
Hope to post-process at least 1 photo by the end of the day. Body is aching x_x
Hello world! (Again)
So I’m going to start blogging again. This will be my 3rd… or 4th restart. LOL!
Where to begin…
I’m currently “on-leave” from work since last month because I’m recovering from a recent miscarriage. Being admitted at a hospital was an experience for me since it was my first time. Not to mention being hooked on an IV. I’ll prolly go to the details some other time.
However, while I’m stuck here at home, I managed to do stuff that I’ve always wanted to do – play games. LOL! I managed to finish, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Ni No Kuni, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy XIII and Tomb Raider.
I also discovered a new hobby! Polymer clay sculpting! It sort of satiates my obsessive-compulsive side that I really enjoy whenever I work on it. I also signed-up for a workshop together with Pam and Cheena for next month. Although I’ve started doing clays, it’s still best to have someone teach you.
Mom and Dad (my in-laws) came home from Dubai to celebrate their birthday here. It’s kind of hard when they’re here, especially Mom, because everything she cooks is delicious. It’s hard to resist! I already gained 7 lbs lol! The house is livelier when both of them are here 😀 Picture below is the birthday cake we ordered from The Bunny Baker. They both love it!
Then I sold my 550D to get 60D. I’ll get it tomorrow. ;D
Oh! I got my hair colored! I’ve been planning it way back but I was not able to when I got pregnant. So now, I grabbed the chance. 😀
Also, currently working on a website. Need to refresh my html/css coding skills. It’s been a while since the last time I worked on one.
I… think… that’s about it. Lots has happened. I still need to tweak the site and change its theme and shits.